January 28, 2016
My Capsule Makeup Kit & Why you need one too!
A Capsule Makeup Kit is an everyday selection of makeup products you use which you can take neatly on your commute. Kind of like a saviour for those early morning slumps. This bag is stored either on my dresser or shoved into my bag in the morning when I realise I don’t have time to do my makeup. This post is a toast to all those fellow commuters that spend most of their time looking presentable on their commute (oops).
- Clinique All About Shadow Quad or two contrasting eyeshadows: These come in mini holiday editions and the shades I use are the top two. Simple Vanilla eyeshadows contrasted with dark browns is just so easy and effective for makeup in the mornings, I try not to use any more shades than 2 in the morning. This was a limited edition palette so you won’t be able to buy it.
- Maybelline Master Brow Pro Palette or a brow palette: This is one of the first eyebrow palettes that have worked for me! I have slightly auburn hair and it’s quite difficult sometimes matching my eyebrows to my hair-colour. If you want to be even more thrifty, use an eyeshadow that can also be used for your brows. (Save even more space!)
- Bobbi Brown Gel Liner in Black or any eyeliner of your choice: I love this gel liner. But it does come with a price tag, I also really love the Maybelline Gel Liner. The Bobbi Brown one literally does stay on all day, it is quite something I’ll tell you that.
- NARS’ Pro Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base or a primer of your choice: I’ve raved enough about this one. If you don’t believe me on how awesome it is, check out The Makeup Directory’s review of it.
- Maybelline Flawless Nude Foundation in Ivory or a lightweight foundation: I am planning on doing a full blown review of this soon. Gone are the days of Dream Matte Mouse *shivers* and they have been replaced by a pretty good foundation that is lightweight and last for 5 hours+.
- Bourjois 1 Second Mascara: I loooove this mascara. It’s fabulous. Very volumising if that’s what you’re looking for with a huge plastic brush (not curved). Less about length.
Andddd, a tube of Carmex obviously. Seriously, my lips are so chapped at the moment it’s horrible. Throw in a few makeup brushes (yeah not hygienic sorry!) and you’re done. It’s so useful. I want to feel confident at work and makeup helps me feel that way, especially in meetings. That’s why I use makeup.
Do you have a capsule makeup kit? Let me know!